1) As in Week 1, I was on the treadmill 6 out of 7 days, this week averaging 31+ minutes each time.
2) I have found myself actually looking forward to my morning treadmill sessions -- a new feeling.
3) I experienced several days of badly burning calves about 8 minutes into my session. I kept going, but it was painful. After consulting friends for solutions, I a) was more deliberate with before and after stretches, and b) realized that I had increased my speed too quickly and needed to go back down a notch or two and build up more gradually. Today was pain-free again.
4) I have enjoyed a real increase in my daily energy level.
5) I've had some surprisingly creative days, which I credit to my better blood flow and higher metabolism. For example, I painted a picture for my bathroom, I posted several blogs, and I experimented with some new recipes.
6) One day I got on the scales and noticed that I'd lost a couple of pounds, but that must have been a fluke because I found them again the next day. Oh well. Hmmm. I wonder if the last phrase of #5 might be the culprit.
7) I also found another motivational Bible verse. 1 Timothy 4:7 "Have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness."
How long, according to the experts, does it take to form a new habit? I can't remember, but I'm heading into Week 3 of this project. Maybe it won't take much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment